Image: Performance by the Academy of Danse Libre.
We return to the Hyatt Regency in Burlingame (1333 Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, CA 94010) for the 43rd Viennese Ball!
Parking and Shuttle Service
Please see the Parking and Shuttles page for details.
Doors open at 7:45pm. Please arrive at the hotel by 8pm to provide sufficient time for ticket registration, coat check, and seating for the Opening Ceremony, which begins promptly at 8:30pm. The Ceremony includes performances by the Opening Committee and Cardinal Ballet Company.
Please note that the Stanford Viennese Ball is not liable for any lost or stolen items at the Ball. Our coat check is staffed by professionals from our venue, the Hyatt Regency, and we do our best to ensure guests’ satisfaction.
Our full event schedule is posted below:
Notable Events in the Waltz Room
This room will feature live music from the Saratoga Symphony from 9:00 to 11:00 PM, and set music curated by Vincent Sheu from 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM.
- 9:50 PM: Performance by the Academy of Danse Libre
- 10:00 PM: Bohemian National Polka
- 11:00 PM: Cross-Step Waltz Contest
- 11:30 PM: Cross-Step Waltz Mixer
- 12:00 AM: Rotary Waltz Contest
- 12:30 AM: Romany Polka
- 1:00 AM: Accelerating Waltz
- 1:30 AM: Russian Mazurka Quadrille
- 2:00 AM: Last Waltzes
Notable Events in the Swing Room
This room will feature live music from Don Neely Swingtet from 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM, and set music curated by Gaurab Banerjee from 12:00 AM to 2:00 AM.
- 10:25 PM: Doin’ the Jive (solo jazz line dance)
- 10:30 PM: Performances by the Academy of Danse Libre & Swing Cats Rhythm Revue
- 11:30 PM: Shim Sham (solo jazz line dance), then performance by Swingtime
- 12:45 AM: Tranky Doo (solo jazz line dance), then Swing Contest
- 1:50 AM: Mama’s Stew (solo jazz line dance)
Notable Events in the Contemporary Room
This room will play set music curated by Lillian Zhu.
- 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM: Contemporary Styles (Nightclub Two-Step, West Coast Swing, Hustle, Fusion, etc.)
- 10:00 PM – 11:00 PM: Latin Styles (Salsa, Bachata, Cha-Cha, Tango, etc.)
- 11:00 PM – 12:00 AM: Contemporary Styles
- 12:00 AM – 1:00 AM: Latin Styles
- 1:00 AM – 2:00 AM: Contemporary Styles
The Viennese Ball is proud to be organized by students and alumni! On the evening of the event, our success depends on many wonderful volunteers. If you are a current Stanford student and would like to volunteer at the Ball in exchange for discounted admission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.